Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

margro
Frequent Contributor

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I log on here to chat with people who have been,or are going ,through the same thing as me. Some of you guys who visit would be more than welcome to stay and chat!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
priya
New Contributor

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,   How are you?? I am priya and I am a cancer survivor. How is your treatment going?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello margro and priya I am a cancer survivor too. Twelve years now since I had a bi-lateral mastectomy and I have never had a sign or blink of cancer since. As Priya asked, how are you going? What sort of cancer did you have? Would love to chat more with you 🙂
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

hi all,sorry it's taken me a while to reply....I had pancreatic cancer.Given 6wks due to the blockage and jaundice associated with the tumour. I had awesome support from family and friends,but,because of the odds of beating pc,I sometimes get the feeling they don't know what to do now!! I celebrated my 4th birthday on the 14th,one more year to go and I can start relaxing!!!I've had a bad few days with Patrick Swayze losing the fight.I found out on my normal birthday that he had pc,and he died on my new birthday!!!! My life is wonderful,as I said to a friend the other day...I give myself 10 days a year to feel sorry for myself,used up 3 when Patrick Swayze died,thought I'd have a few up my sleeve for emergencies..unfortunately I'm a dragons fan(who already has tickets to the grand final)....there goes the rest of the feel sorry days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take care guys,and GO US SURVIVORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Margo - oh dear being a dragon fan could use up those feel sorry days in a flash :) Hey congratulations on your and Many Happy Returns on your 4th Birthday, one more year and you will have to have a 5th birthday party. It sounds as if you are clearing the danger zone and beginning to come out into the sunshine once more. It was so sad that Patrick Swayze died, but remember it isn't you and you are surviving. We are all different and we all have different 'used-by-dates'. So some go and some survive depending on what we are here for. I used to work as a triage clerk in an Accident and Emergency Dept and so often we saw accidents where someone with little injury would be killed and someone else would survive despite, maybe, severe injuries. In the end we all decided that it isn't the things that could kill us so much as if that is the moment we are meant to die. The same with cancer. It is a journey and some of us are supposed to leave early and others are supposed to stay behind and support those new people through the ordeal.. I hope I am making sense? :) Caro
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Hi Caro,thanks for your response...and,yes,you made sense. Just got back from my niece's wedding...what a wonderful time catching up with family.My youngest son and his wife are home from Canada for a month,wouldn't be dead for quids!!!!
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

Caro, Those are lovely thoughts as to when we have our use by date. It is one way that we cna make some kind of sense of why some of us make it way past that date and others don't get to the starting line. Margro, I love the idea of 2 birthdays! If that is the case I have just had my second (does it go from diagnosis or end of treatment?) SAmex
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

mine is on the day i had my surgery,so probably end of treatment? thing is...whenever you want to make it...do it!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.