Initial Treatment Altered Due to Low White Blood Cell Count - Very Scared.

DD23
New Contributor

Initial Treatment Altered Due to Low White Blood Cell Count - Very Scared.

Hi guys.
I'm struggling so much mentally. 11 years ago I was diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer and made a full recovery but the chemo treatment I had, has given me long lasting low white blood counts.

I have now been diagnosed again with Triple Negative Breast Cancer and my oncologist is not able to go ahead with the planned treatment protocol due to my low blood counts. I hadn't even started chemo and I'm now going on Keytruda, Docetaxel and Carboplatin. I apparently can't have paclitaxel. I have a small child and I'm terrified I won't be able to make it through treatment.

Has anyone had any experience with anything similar and maybe have some encouraging words for me?

Thanks for listening.

xxxx

3 REPLIES 3
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Initial Treatment Altered Due to Low White Blood Cell Count - Very Scared.

Hi DD23, so sorry the cancer has come back after so many years.   I guess you will just have to trust your medical team to do the best for you. I hope you have family and friends to support you and your little one.  I have had cancer but not breast cancer. I just wanted to reply to you so you know you’re not alone. Yes it’s a very stressful time and I’m sending you love and prayers 💕🙏 LindaG 

0 Kudos
sch
Super Contributor

Hi @DD23 

I'm very sorry to hear that it has come back.

I can only imagine how difficult that is that the cancer has come back?

Has your doctor been able to tell you what stage the cancer is?

As long as you have treatment options, you have hope.

No matter how tough this might feel, no matter how tough the odds feel, I believe you can do this.

Please keep us posted on how you go!!

-s

0 Kudos
DD23
New Contributor

Hi sch, 

This is another primary triple negative breast cancer, most probably stage 2 but not confirmed. 

The first cancer, 11 years ago was cured. 

I do have treatment options so very grateful for that. 

Thanks for your support. 

Xxx

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.