Lonely and missing my best friend

Andrew
New Contributor

Lonely and missing my best friend

Hi, not to sure what to do with myself. My partner was my life, she means so much and can't see how I can go on without her. We lived in each other pockets we are so close. I have trouble talking about her in past tenths. She was my little cutie pie for 22 years and adored each other, it is killing me and I am so lonely with no family close. We where both the same age of 51. She went through so much in the last 4 years and it might as been me. I was by her side the hole time. I wish it was me. Though I would hate for her to go through what I am at the moment. Would love to meet someone in the same position that we could talk, go for coffee and call when needing to talk. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Lonely and missing my best friend

Hi Andrew. So sorry for the loss of your soulmate. I’m not in that position but just wanted to send you love and prayers. I remember when mum lost dad and they were together for 60 years and did everything together. The light went out of mum’s eyes. I hope you get the support that you need and can get some joy back into your life. 💕Linda G

0 Kudos
Andrew
New Contributor

Hi Linda G,

Thank you for your kind and caring words, talking helps if only a little bit. I can't see anything for my life without her at the moment. Thank you

0 Kudos
LindaG
Regular Contributor

You’re welcome Andrew. Whatever you’re feeling is ok and grief is such an individual process. Loosing my parents within 18 months of each other has been very difficult. People tell me to “remember the good times “ and that doesn’t help me at all. Hopefully you can have people around you who just let you feel everything you’re feeling and don’t try and suggest how you should feel and  just listen 💕

Andrew
New Contributor

Hi Linda, your so right, it is so individual and there isn't many people which know how close we where. It must of been extremely difficult for you losing both your parents so closely together,  I really fill for you. Remembering the good times seems to make it worse and gives me anxiety at the moment and can't see it changing. I am in NSW and my family are in Queensland, they call every day, they have been a really great help. I am so scared for my future and the hurt I feel from missing her. I so wish this just a bad dream. I am trying to keep busy with work but I just cry on and off all day at work and all night. Trying to look after myself and sleep but its easy. Thanks for listening. Andrew 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.