New to this site

Jules2
Super Contributor

New to this site

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, it certainly looks like a great site.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
samex
Regular Contributor

Re: New to this site

Hi Jules, Welcome. There are lots of interesting discussions here. I've only been around a few months but I have found it really useful. Samex
0 Kudos
Melissa
New Contributor

Hi Jules and welcome. Could you tell us a little about yourself? Anything particular your looking to gain at this site? Mel
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

hi jules.....welcome!!!!
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jules,welcome to the site
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

hiya samex and ty for your reply and for sharing your experience and i look forward to finding the site the same.
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hi Melissa Ty for your welcome. I am a 51 year old female who is experiencing my 2nd time with cancer. First time was 21 years ago and this time it is a different sort. Hmmm re gaining, not sure really. I really think/hope? that i can give as much as i gain. To be able to speak or interact (online) with likeminded people is very beneficial. However, i do like to give also so hence wanting to be able to give back. :) Of course there is much, much more to me and my life, just a tad impossible and boring to tell you all about that. haha Regards Julie
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hi Margro... ty for you welcome!!
0 Kudos
Melissa
New Contributor

Hi Jules, Thanks for sharing a sneak peak into your story. I completely understandi in the mutual benefit this site gives. A big fear for me is how to tackle the future/health/reoccurence. So I am sure you will have much to contribute. Cheers, Mel
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Mel Yanno i can totally relate to what you are saying about the future/health/recurrence. I had that concern last time i had cancer. I guess really it is a little like the day or night before we are told the "news". At least for me it is/was? I had this recurring question "how will i handle it if i am told i have cancer?". Handle it i did, i dont see that the alternatives are such a great or healthy choice. Now i have come to the conclusion i will deal with what i need to deal with when it comes up. Kind of like, keep the past in the past and tomorrow where it should be and then just deal with "what is". Dunno, that there is any magical remedy but that is how i do it. :) Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.