Post your ideas about what content you would like to see here

Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Post your ideas about what content you would like to see ...

I am probably really late in jumping in on this discussion, however! I think this post by flight is just so valid. After being at a cancer council place during my treatment i witnessed a huge amount of depression and a huge amount of people that simply were not coping. In some instances the depression and not coping actually impacted on their ability to have treatment. Something really needs to be put into place to help these people deal. I think that a lot of people are just so disenchated at this point in their lives that they dont know how to access help and even calling a help line is beyond them. Just my observations.
0 Kudos
Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

HI Flight, Julkes2 and Samex, thanks for getting involved in this forum topic and having the guts to say what you want. I totally agree with each and every suggestion the three of you have out laid here. I have passed these messages onto the site manager, as they are currently looking at new ways this site can assist the consumers. we should see a reply to these questions and suggestions some time early next year, if not then give me a friendly reminder and i will chase this up for you. Best, Nikki
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Nikki Thanks for taking up on what we have all said. Good luck with it all. :) Julie
0 Kudos
Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

Hey Julie, its people like you that keep me pushing. Its makes all the difference to know that I do not have these thoughts alone! Nikki 🙂
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Nikki It is good to know we arent alone. I think that is the beauty of being able to interract with other cancer patients as there is a "knowing" already there. There are things we have in common that simply do not need explaining as such. It is great that we have the cancer council and sites such as this one so that we are able to share not only our own problems or joys but also to perhaps make a difference in helping systems to improve so that other cancer patients may find life a little easier. Julie
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

Thanks for doing the pushing Nikki. I hope that you have a great Chrissy with your small person. It's so much fun when they are little!! S
0 Kudos
larn75
Contributor

Hi I have had a lot of trouble finding support formy children. They all have suffered in different ways and needed help which I found for them but noone had been directly affected by cancer. Alana
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.