Squamous cell neck carcinoma and lymph removal

John68
New Contributor

Squamous cell neck carcinoma and lymph removal

Hi. My name Is John and live on the Northern beaches. I have malnutrition at 55 and battling that when the lump appeared. I missed some appointments with my Gp and with other people. i looked up on google that 90 % of neck lumps were nothing to worry about If you can move them around. It Is really close to the artery and after many tests there Is NO PRIMARY!!! So, because of delays the lump is now over 2cm and is being cut out In the first week of September. At first I was given no chance , then some good, then some bad. I am worried about everything from my Dad who I care for to people I have always helped. I have nursed the old and cancer plus pschologically disturbed people. I have done so much study in that area plus generally for many years, so when It happens to you and noone except the Gp and the hospital seem to care more. I hope to connect with people , like me, in the same or similar position to discuss carers friends, support after hours like an A/H , If any exist, in my area. that are suffering and see If we can help one another. I have so much to offer In the way of medical and mental issues. I have run out of steam and fearful . I have to stop cigs too! I used to love fishing,surfing,archery plus OPERA SINGER, for now. I know there are worse stories, but there Is a lot more to the lead up. Anxiety plus malnutriton, starvation are not a good mix.Depression and the rest are all avoidable, by simple rules and behaviours. I have been clean of alcohol for over 10 years and this Is how I am rewarded, plus a F/T house carer

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
joseph_CCNSW
Cancer Council Team

Re: Squamous cell neck carcinoma and lymph removal

Hello John .  Thank you for joining and posting here.   This forum is a wonderful space and hopefully you will find care and support from others who have experienced this.  A reminder that if you are In Australia you can call our 131120 team for a confidential discussion about your situation.  Kind regards ... Joseph_CCNSW

0 Kudos
John68
New Contributor

Re: Squamous cell neck carcinoma and lymph removal

Thanks Joseph. Why Is the emphasis on Australia you mention? I was hoping by my introduction I would be able to reach people In my area. I am obviously very new to all this! I have rung the number and I keep missing them. I am speaking to a social worker today, so will enquire after that. Should I be looking for Online support groups In my area, The Forums or go back to the 13 number first, In your opinion? Again, I appreciate any time and effort people afford me, In my hardest fight. I beat alcohol,Superman.....Hehe.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.