Stage 4 prostate cancer

Believer1
Occasional Visitor

Stage 4 prostate cancer

Hi everyone, I was diagnosed in September last year, stage 4 prostate cancer! Never been sick or to hospital in my life. I’m 52yrs old, still have no symptoms, sacked my first two doctors, because they only gave me 5 yrs left, the third , gave me 10, I like her attitude better, more positive!  Start radiation soon, but nervous, still not sure how I’m going to travel to the hospital every day! New to Sydney, hardly know anyone, just would like to talk to someone who understands what this horrible disease, does to someone and how it makes you feel. To be an end date. Okay, thanks for reading! 🙏

2 REPLIES 2
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Stage 4 prostate cancer

Hi,

Well, congratulations on getting to 52 and never having previously been in hospital!

5, 10, 20 years. It's just a number. A number based on statistical probability.

Ignore it, break it, abide by it. Put it in the bin. It doesn't really matter.

What matters is what you choose to do and that you have a good working relationship with your health team.

Aim to prove the statistics wrong. Do everything that you can to achieve what you want.

Good luck!

Wilko
New Contributor

Re: Stage 4 prostate cancer

Hi I am a Cancer Connect Volunteer and am happy to speak with you as I have been Stage 4 for almost 10 Years.  CCNSW should be able to put us in touch.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.