TOO FEW RESPONSES!

craftyone
Occasional Contributor

Re: TOO FEW RESPONSES!

Hi Dianne, Sorry, I am one of those that read and sometimes gets around to respond. We are very busy at the moment shifting house, so time is certainly not available to me at the moment, stealing a couple of mins. now. Also, at times I don't have the "energy" to respond to others or to "troll (goat?)" through the blogs, forums, etc. Sometimes if you are going through a "rough" patch yourself, it is hard to respond to others. Once our move is completed and we are on ADSL (suppose that you are on satellite? like we are at the moment), I will be able to spend a bit more time looking as my partner will be able to use the desktop and I will be able to use the laptop at the same time. Our dog, a border collie, is very stressed at the moment and won't let my partner out of his sight - what is going on? he asks with all the packing and travelling back and forth. Better go and have some breakfast before getting back on the shifting raod again, craftyone
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Craftyone thanks for your response and good luck with house shifting - I can imagine how draining that would be for you whilst you're not feeling 100%. On the other hand, it could mean 'new house - new chapter in your life'. Like you, I do get extremely tired, so tired in fact that I cant sleep, and that is why I spend so much time at night on the pc - usually playing silly little games on f/book, but hey, who cares - if it keeps me happy thats all I worry about. I too, find it very draining to work my way through all the responses to the posts, and dont respond to them all, but sometimes there is a post that just grabs at my heart strings and I feel that I need to respond to that person. I am hoping that my response detailing my own experience may be of some help and comfort to others. We are on satellite too, and I find it great, although it does 'drop out' sometimes during bad weather. We purchased a wireless router so my partner and I can be online together. It is amazing with the animals, how they can sense something is wrong. My first little Jack Russell (who absolutely adored me, of course! haha) wouldnt have anything to do with me for about 6 months when I got my initial diagnosis and then during chemo. It was like she 'could smell' that I wasnt the same!!!! I would put her on my knee (where she used to love to be) and she would immediately jump off and go and find my partner. I was just starting to rebuild our bond, when she was killed. I think that is why her death has affected me so much. It has been 9 months now and I still get teary when I think of her (tears in my eyes now as I write this). Good luck with the shifting! Di 🙂
0 Kudos
Sqweege
Contributor

Oh Di I have tears in my eyes reading what happened to your furbaby 😞 I have a Jack Russell too! He's JRT x Foxy actually and looks a lot more like a Foxy, also have a black labrador. They are my heart & soul on 4 legs! We live just a few mins from the beach so we go there everyday and they just love it, my lab is a beautiful swimmer and would swim all day if I let her haha. My little boy is not as enthused about the water but when I get in he will swim out to me, it's so cute. Sorry, I'm right "off topic" !
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

THat is the beauty of our topics ... they take us to different places. I have just looked after a jack russell that is bigger than ben hur (in her mind). She decided that all the food was hers and the other dog decided it was going to rip her head off and very nearly did. Luckily smiley is made of tough stuff and is pulling through quite nicely and coping well with her four drains and mega amounts of stitching. Julie
0 Kudos
Sqweege
Contributor

OMG Julie, thank gawd Smiley is ok! Eeeeeek! JR's are definitely little dogs with BIG personalities and attitudes lol. When I first got him, he was a teeny tiny puppy, soooo gorgeous and my lab instantly fell in love like I did and he's had us wrapped around his paw ever since lol. My labby thinks she's his Mum and still gets him between her front paws and grooms him and he lays there with this huge grin on his face bwahaha, tough life huh. Give smiley and snuggle from me x
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Sqweege, By all means 'go off topic' whenever you want! It's nice to 'hear' the happiness in your voice when you talk about your animals. It is also nice for all of us to share the nicer, happier moments of our lives. I just love your response - 'furbaby' - it is so cute - I may have to borrow that one off you! Totally agree with you about 'my heart and soul on 4 legs'. Dogs give us so much love and big, wet, cold kisses! Unconditional love at it's best! Jack Russell's seem to be very popular. I have had a lot of dogs over my lifetime, but these are the only JR's, dont know what made me decide on them, but I am extremely glad I did. They are a beautiful breed, but can try to be the boss of the house! Di 🙂
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Oh Julie, poor little puppy! I hope she is doing OK. I hope the 'accident' didnt happen while you were minding her. My little Lilly has the same problem - thinks she is bigger than she really is, but..... she tends to 'put up a show' from behind my legs and makes sure that mummy is there. Very funny to watch. Hope you're 'travelling' Ok today! Di 🙂
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

@sqweegee ... too cute for your jack russell and lab! Bet that makes some wonderful pictures. :) @Di .. no it happened at her own home and that is how I got to babysit her because she couldnt be left alone with all her drains and stitches. The vet stated they weren't sure she would make it but smiley was jumping up on the couch the day after her operation. She is a trooper! AM ok ... just tired as usual. I am able to do way more than when i first finished treatment but still dont feel like i am back to normal just yet. Or perhaps I am at full capacity of my new normal ... who knows? Julie
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

dianne 52 you are right about too few responses I joined this site for more information about my surgery and cancer,who better to ask questions about what is happening than to someone who has or is going through the same as you i would gladly reply to any questions asked of me about this surgery and cancer I realise a lot are going through this difficult time in private and dont want to contribute I also respect that kj
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi kj I have become very disillusioned with this site - (I hate to say it!) - but there are very few responses. I said in my initial thread that I had been lead to believe it was a great site where people could discuss whatever was 'griping' them and also to maybe get some help with their probs. Since joining, I have not seen one response from a Cancer Council spokesperson. I know we as sufferers and carers can all talk amongst ourself (if you get a response, that is) - but sometimes questions are asked of a medical concern, that we cant answer. I thought maybe a spokesperson from the Cancer Council would then jump in and offer advice! If anyone wants to 'suffer in silence' and just read these forums to stay informed - then thats fine, but........ please remember we are all going through the same thing!!! You may have a comment to make that will make the person asking the question feel more secure and happier. We dont come on here for nothing! We come on here to try and get help and answers. Anyway, thats enough babbling for me, I am just replying to kj's thread (which I still agree with!) Hope you are all travelling well. Di 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.