Wanting to know if someone can tell me what to expect

Jennifer64

Wanting to know if someone can tell me what to expect

I've finished my chemo, and start my radiation for breast cancer next week. Three weeks later, they are to operate on my colon cancer ( another pri.ary cancer.) I just want to know if anyone can tell me what to expect, please?

2 REPLIES 2
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Wanting to know if someone can tell me what to expect

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear about your cancers.

What sort of surgery are you having for your colon cancer?

Are you having the tumour remove or a partial colectomy?

How are you coping with all the treatment?

-s

0 Kudos
FA
Occasional Visitor

Re: Wanting to know if someone can tell me what to expect

Hi Jennifer,

I take you’ve already had your radiation consult/planning session? I have just completed 4 weeks of radiation for breast cancer. The process itself was made easy by the radiation team who always made me feel comfortable. I started to feel tired the 2nd week and the tiredness increased the last week. I expected the fatigue and am still dealing with it now. The radiation causes sunburn like changes on my skin, it was itchy and darkened (I have olive skin) though I consistently moisturised and applied a burn gel given to me by the nurses. It’s important to exercise even just walking and resistance training to maintain some strength and fight the fatigue. I noticed my chest/underarm would feel tight but I made sure to do some exercises/stretches. Please do reach out if you need anything at all! xx

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.