i cant stand it

tisme
Contributor

i cant stand it

I have an ultrasound tomorrow , to find out what is going on with the ovaries etc doc is treating it like cancer till he finds out other wise , im so scared i feel sick ,  there is only me and autistic daughter left of the family , thought i had friends but i dont , i fear she will end up on the streets if anything happens to me . I try to hide it but she senses something is wrong and is constantly asking me if Im ok and if she is the cause.  Ive never felt so alone I dont know what to do  Im angry too , ive cared for so many others for so long now I need support and care and Im alone 

5 REPLIES 5
sch
Super Contributor

Re: i cant stand it

Hi tisme,

Well, you're in good company here, because we know how you are feeling.

Look, in case you are not aware, many people with cancer have the same issue. Just read a few threads.

So many friends and family just vanish at the mention of the "c" word. I suspect that it's because they don't know how to react. Have you tried directly asking them for support or assistance??

Perhaps also try calling some charities or a GP and seeing what sort of support can be arranged for you and your daughter, to assist you.

Best of luck

-s

tisme
Contributor

family is dead just the two of us now , friends ive not had in several years too busy caring for elderly family ( now gone ) charities cant seem to help neither can gp
sch
Super Contributor

Hi Tisme,

Any luck with your ultrasound?

How did it go?

Best of luck!!

-s

0 Kudos
tisme
Contributor

was ok but painful  now i wait till friday for the results  it will take 24 hours to send the report to the GP 

sch
Super Contributor

Good luck with your results!

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.