Prostate Cancer

Not applicable

Prostate Cancer

HI EVERYONE,does your sex life after the prostate removed come back to normal thanks rob
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DavidAHH

Re: Prostate Cancer

Because the prostate gland is responsible for most of the ingredients of ejaculate, removal or radiotherapy leads to dry orgasm. This makes for a different sex life, opening up a range of new experiences & techniques. It just requires an open mind, working on the principle of "use it or lose it".

WayneJ
New Contributor

Re: Prostate Cancer

Rob

I had mine out nearly 3 years ago, and they had to remove all the nerves, glands, etc.

Since the there has only been liited success with achieving erections. I've found the Caverject solution works very well - not very exciting sticking a needle into the old fella, but the results are fantastic. Lately I've also tried the vacuum device with good success. Again not terribly romantic but results are great.

Doc tells me there is not much chance of things ever going back to pre surgery days, but having survived the cancer and still being here, the inconvenience is not such a big issue. 

Talk to your Doc and partner about it and don't be afraid to try something new.

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.