Adenoid cystic carcinomas in my lacrimanl gland

VictoriaS
New Contributor

Adenoid cystic carcinomas in my lacrimanl gland

Hello tomorrow I will be having my left eye removed then radiation Has anyone else had this I there another way
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: Adenoid cystic carcinomas in my lacrimanl gland

Dear Victoria , I am so sorry . I just saw your post and feel for you . My ACC was in my tear duct and had spread into my nasal cavity . It was thought that my eye would need to be taken out but it was debatable . It's different if it's in the lacrimal gland . There is another lady whom I know online who went through the same as you less than a year ago . I will send you a private message .
0 Kudos
Bessyh
Occasional Contributor

Re: Adenoid cystic carcinomas in my lacrimanl gland

Hi victoria, i am also very sorry to hear this and i know exactly what you are going through. I had ACC in my right lacrimal gland which wasnt detected untill after it was removed. I was told it was ACC on november 23rd last year. The doctors wanted to remove my eye straight away but as it was so close to christmas a i was in shock i was able to put the surgery back to janurary. It was a good thing that it was removed. The ACC had spread into my eye and they were able to get a good margin. I am now driving, sewing and doing all the things i was doing before. Its a tough thing to go through and if you would like to talk about it im only too happy to help. Xx thinking of you
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.