Bowel Cancer My Story of Success so Far

samex
Regular Contributor

Re: Bowel Cancer My Story of Success so Far

Hi Richard, I had a different treatment. I had Folfox5 and oxalipalitan every second week for 6 months.I started treatment 5 weeks after surgery. I think that you should take the advice of your oncologist as to what is the best for you. No treatment is easy and everyone reacts differently. My doseage had to be reduced twice during the process as my body couldn't cope with what the origanal doseage was. I have no idea about diabetes but I'm sure that your doctor will be able to help you. You're right in that there are so many thngs to be worried about but there are lots of places to seek advice and help. Have you contacted the Cancer Council Help Line? I don't know but they may even hae a translation service that may help your wife as well. Good luck, Samex
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

Dunedigger, I love the idea of continuing the dream. And haven't our dreams become much more simplistic these days!. Glad to see you doing well, Samex
0 Kudos
richard61
Occasional Contributor

Dear Samex; Thank you for your advice ! I will see oncologist tomorrow, a lot of questions will be answered. I hope I would go through this process. Thank you again ! Best regards; Richard
0 Kudos
richard61
Occasional Contributor

Hi Everybody; I have saw oncologist yesterday. I will use folfox4 regiem. Next week I will do chemo education then a week after start chemo. That means 7 weeks after operation, I am really worries too later. Is anybody have idea about timming ? Regards; Richard
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.