Bugger!

rbx4
Occasional Contributor

Bugger!

So, I have Prostate cancer age 55, did the watch and wait thing and now get the news it has got to come out, have opted for trial robotic surgery at Royal Brisbane but not sure whether I will be a candidate (bit of a lottery). So now I wait for dates, I guess that is the bane of all cancer patients? Dates...Not sure how I feel, life has not been good the last two years and now faced with this. Wondering if my luck will change. Wondering how work will take the news? Will I be ok? Bugger!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Sailor
Deceased

Re: Bugger!

G'day RBX4 Don't worry too much if you don't get on the robotic surgery. My understanding is that the outcomes are no different to ordinary prostatectomy. It is sixteen years since I was diagnosed, I still have the cancer and they are running out of options for me, but what the hell, I am enjoying life! Currently ticking Uluru off the bucket list. Cheers Sailor
0 Kudos
rbx4
Occasional Contributor

Re: Bugger!

Glad to see you have a "bucket list" to get through. Did you have a prostatectomy? My surgeon calmly pushed me toward that end, my PSA nearly doubled in six months, I was diagnosed January this year and he flat out told me no more watchful waiting this needs to come out!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.