Docetaxel Carboplatin

Stephen
Occasional Contributor

Docetaxel Carboplatin

I would appreciate if anyone has been on this chemo combination could they please let me know side effects thankyou. Steve
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
adamm
Occasional Contributor

Docetaxel Carboplatin

Hi Stephen. The Cancer helpline can give you heaps of information on the chemo call 13 11 20 The Oncology nurses can fill you in and send you information.  Also asking your Oncologist about the side effects can be useful too as everyone experience of the chemo can be differnt but there are common side effects that everyone goes through. Hope this is helpful.
0 Kudos
Merkel
Contributor

Docetaxel Carboplatin

Hi Steve, I've been on Carboplatin & Etopside Chemotherapy + Radiation at the same time. I had Merkel Cell Carcinoma,  I'm a survivor of six years. The only side effects I seem to have had was memory loss, they call chemo brain. My memory has returned. I had a good dose of chemo & radiation as much as one could take. I had only one chance of survival & that was to go for broke.  Try to stop worrying, having said that, we are all different in the way things will affect us. Enjoy each day & before long ten years will have past & you will wonder what all the fuss was about. Take care, Merkel
0 Kudos
Stephen
Occasional Contributor

Docetaxel Carboplatin

Keep up the fight Merkel and thankyou for your response. Steve
0 Kudos
Barbe
Occasional Contributor

Docetaxel Carboplatin

Hi Stephen Is this the same as Carboplatin/Taxotere?  
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.