GBM IV help

ash
Not applicable

GBM IV help

I have never joined a chat group before - but I am just so lost! For the past 4 months my dad has been having seizures and terrible headaches. We had 2 MRI's .. first one in May and 2nd one early June.. Nothing showed up. Two weeks ago my dad (58) started going downhill rapidly. Loss of mobility on his left side and slurred speech. He couldn't even stand up. Mum rushed him back to the nearest big hospital (2 hours away). The very next day he underwent surgery to remove a 6cm grade IV glioblastoma from his right frontal lobe. He is recovering really well from the surgery. Doc apparently removed a good amount of the tumour. Chemo and radiation therapy starts in a week. I have been researching treatments/ supplementary treatments/ diets etc frantically for the past week.. and I'm so confused. I was referred to Bill Williams' book - which I have looked through.. but I'm just so new to this that nothing is making any sense! We haven't got a history of cancer in our family - so I feel like I'm running blind. From what I have read I understand that GBM IV is a VERY VERY difficult tumour to fight - and I just want to know if anyone has any advice?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
admin_one
Contributor

GBM IV help

Hi Ash, Not sure if you saw the post on teh other thread but just in case you are only subscribed to this post this is the message posted by sharon: " Hi Ash, You will find the OzBrainTumour forum http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/OzBrainTumour/ a great help. Most of the people that post on the forum have been touched by GBM. The site has a wealth of information. You will need a yahoo name and password to access all the information on the site. Regards Sharon " Take careRaul
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.