Have your say and help make a difference :)

margro
Frequent Contributor

hi helen, me again!one of the things i didn't get from the chat(i probably should've asked)but how do other people cope with the lack of appetite?I don't know if it is the fear of feeling sick after eating but it is sometimes easier not to eat.....does anyone else feel the same way?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
mazza
Occasional Contributor

Hi Margro Getting slower in my maturity (old age) as in noticing this post. I have been very busy also. Perhaps too busy starting to catch up with the body. Maybe you are right about the lack of appetite, I am finding bland food pretty boring though and manage to eat for the sake of eating. Sometimes when I have not eaten I find myself in pain and a nibble at something can reduce this pain. Apart from the loss of previous lifestyle, food is one of the things I miss most. To be able to eat whatever with no consequence. I hope you are managing to eat something substantial to assist with your training. You are unreal, go girl. I will try and get some money from family to support your cause.   Take care Cheers Mazza  
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Hi Mazza, Thanks for the support!!!Luckily the one thing my stupid body can tolerate is pasta,helps with the energy levels!I do so miss chocolate and mars bars and toast with lots of butter and vegemite(doesn't taste the same on dry toast!)and all the other sweet,fatty foods I can no longer tolerate!!!!I didn't eat them that often before but I drool like one of my labs when I see them now!!
0 Kudos
mazza
Occasional Contributor

Hi Margro Have $20.00 so far, not much but better than nothing. Will catch up with rest of family when not so busy.Will try elsewhere as well. Forgive any mistakes I make tonight, tired. Man am I naughty, still have toast butter and vegemite. Do have the occassional bit of chocolate, have not have a mars bar since, like you I drool. This may be why I have been in trouble lately, been on the merry go round tests. Cannot take reflux medication, Doctor not sure if my problems are from reflux or food not emptying from stomach quick enough. Have to have one more test which involves a tube down the nose, had no joy with nasal gastric after surgery, (Not a good memory) so not in a hurry to have this test. Been to G.P today we are trying another medication, keep fingers crossed because if it is reflux it means surgery, nasal gastric tube YUK! and six weeks recovery. Have to be out of my house by first week in August, surgery not an option at the moment. How is Jed and Elly May, lucky you have them. Sorry about the waffling on. Keep up the good work. cheers Mazza
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

Hey Mazza, you poor thing! The clampets are great...Elly has decided she enjoys gardening,as in replanting everything in the garden!!!Jed just watches and enjoys it when she gets into trouble(typical big brother).I agree,I am so very lucky to have them,they make me laugh so many times everyday and they are there for a hug when I feel down.Best thing ever invented!!! Mark and I got engaged today..I wonder if the fact that he chose Fri 13th has any significance???
0 Kudos
mazza
Occasional Contributor

Congratulations!           Wishing you every happiness now and forever. cheers mazza
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Congratulations Margro on Engagement 🙂 Just to let oyu know that I am signed up for City2Surf and in Training.....
0 Kudos
margro
Frequent Contributor

thankyou
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.