Hi Guys I am new here so thought I would say Hi

adinipooh
Not applicable

Hi Guys I am new here so thought I would say Hi

HI I have decided to join this group to get some online support. I have just been diagnosed with endometrial cancer and have to have a full body CT tom to see if it has spread or not. I will need to have my whole womb removed to ascertain how much it has spread as well. I just thought it would be nice to meet others in similar situation. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well so have had a rough time of it all lately I live in Perth WA Does anyone know of any support groups i can join around north perth.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
GHT
Contributor

Re: Hi Guys I am new here so thought I would say Hi

Hi Adinas Welcome to this site. I have endometrial cancer too and recently had a ct scan. They are noisy but quick so the procedure itself isn't scary. There is a group for women with gyny cancers you can join too. I recently joined and they are very supportive and do monthly online chat. See groups button on right top of page to see the contact person who facilitates the group. Waiting for results is a hard time for us all as I recently discovered so try not to get swept up with anticipatory anxiety. It can be a roller coaster so be kind to yourself. Best wishes GHT
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Hi Guys I am new here so thought I would say Hi

Hi Adina I am from west aus although had a different cancer to you. What hospital are you being treated at? Most of the hospitals have information of local support groups. I think you can access that information through the social worker at the hospital, your cancer nurse and/or the cancer council. Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.