Litrozole for breast cancer.

Robyn66
New Contributor

Litrozole for breast cancer.

Hello everyone, I’m taking litrozole and today I had a very bad day. Is it safe to take? Because it has affected me badly. I’m hot and cold, my body aches, I cry because of stupid things, I feel really sick, nauseous. No appetite and I can’t get out of bed. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Ashley_ccnsw
Cancer Council Team

Re: Litrozole for breast cancer.

Hi Robyn66,

Thank you for your post and reaching out. It sounds really hard right now with managing the side effects of your medication. Our perspective around medication safety would be to please consult your doctor about all of this to ensure what is individually correct for your treatment.

Of course you can also have a debrief with our 13 11 20 line to get some more support or direction about next steps to figure this out in addition to talking with your doctor.

And lastly, although the resource doesn't specifically mention Litrozole, our Understanding Breast Cancer booklet does talk about side effects in general and may give you some more information. It can be accessed here: https://www.cancer.org.au/assets/pdf/understanding-breast-cancer-booklet

All the best
Ashley
0 Kudos
BadWolf73
Occasional Contributor

Re: Litrozole for breast cancer.

Are you also currently having BC chemo, no one told me to stop taking leterzole and the affects were horrendous it wasn’t until I asked for a script they said “you’re not still on this” and I nodded meekly and they were STOP ……it has terrible side affects with or without chemo but with chemo I couldn’t move 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.