Nauseous before chemo

Vanessa1
Occasional Contributor

Nauseous before chemo

Hello everyone, I have ovarian cancer and I’m 47, the doctor thought that he could remove the tumor on my ovary so I went through surgery but unfortunately the tumor is too big so he sewed me back up and I start chemo tomorrow, September 27. Ever since I have surgery on August 27, I have a hard time eating and get nauseous very easily and end up throwing up, I lost 11 pounds. Has anyone else experienced this ? 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Mingy_T
New Contributor

Re: Nauseous before chemo

Hi, unfortunately my mother with breast cancer is going through something similar.  It is a truly horrible feeling.  After doing some research, she found this chinese medicine clinic and receives acupuncture and herbal medicine.  She seems to be feel less nauseous nowadays.  Stay strong, loves and hugs!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I'm going through my second round of Cisplatin chemo, and unfortunately nausea is part of the territory.  My first round was three "mega" doses over 7 weeks, this time they've elected to go a little easier with the same total amount spread into 7 weekly doses.

I've included some chemo survival tips in a weekly update vlog I put on YouTube a couple of weeks ago, there maybe something there to help.... https://youtu.be/VYO3WED25c4

Regards

Shane

0 Kudos
Vanessa1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Shane, actually it went away ever since I’ve had my first chemo (September 27th), I guess I’m lucky, we’ll see with my 2nd chemo, October 18th.  I hope you’ll be better. 

Take care.

vanessa

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Vanessa

Hopefully yesterday's chemo was gentle on you!!

I had my last one on 10th Oct, unfortunately I find the side effects last a little longer after each one, I guess due to its cumulative impact.  I also had my last radiation on 16th Oct, so I'm officially finished now and look forward to mending once I slide a little further into the hole for a week or so.

Go hard and you'll get through too. (-:

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.