Oxygen Therapy

Longing
New Contributor

Oxygen Therapy

Can oxygen therapy assist with after effects of chemo and radiotherapy?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
maxineokeefe
Occasional Contributor

Re: Oxygen Therapy

Longing - my husband and I found the research pretty mixed - but it seems logical it can help some of the body's function work better - nothing about destroying the cancerous cells that I found - has your own research changed since you posted? We travelled to Taiwan to enjoy the hot springs hoping that might have some restorative effects on my husbands bowel cancer - it was an amazing trip and we found they use many Chinese herbal medicines for cancer treatment and post-chemo treatment - have you heard of any of these? One is called Solanum Incanum - we bought some from a site online and after a month he seems much more full of energy and gets sick much less - have you ever heard of this herb before? It seems pretty unknown out of Taiwan where it is easily found.
0 Kudos
Longing
New Contributor

Hi Maxine. Thanks for the info. I had 10 sessions in an oxygen chamber and then suffered a big set back in my recovery. It's impossible to say what caused it. A suggestion was that it was the result of toxins being released. I decided not to continue with the therapy.
0 Kudos
Froggie
New Contributor

I had 39 treatments in the Hyperbaric chamber at the wesley hospital this year for radiation cystitis. Along with a good urologist the bleeding was stopped
0 Kudos
Froggie
New Contributor

I had 39 treatments in the Hyperbaric chamber at the wesley hospital this year for radiation cystitis. Along with a good urologist the bleeding was stopped
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.