Recovering from treatment

Not applicable

Hey Diane, Hope you are feeling well today. I know exactly what you mean with the positive comments,... a few of my favourites; 'oh you know its just so important to stay positive' & 'have you tried natural therapies' & 'do you think you should be eating that big piece of juicy steak?' 'I think you should be eating all organic' And my favourite one which I get between appointments is ' just put it out of your mind, dont think about it'...some people just dont get it. I do know though with my Mum who has had breast cancer twice, that its really hard to be a friend or family member sometimes you just dont know what to say. When do your start chemo again? I had cisplatin with the radiation. Did your c...er affect your ovaries? I guess our chemos would be different. Have you got some support at home with your little one? I have a little boy hes 3 and a really big handfull. But its good to have them to take your mind off things and bring you back down to earth. Off to bed now. That all important sleep is calling. take care,  Butterfly
0 Kudos
Beccnat
Occasional Contributor

Hi Diane, Yes, this forum is based in Australia, in the state of New South Wales, state capital Sydney! You're welcome to stay if you can get used to standing on your head LOL! If you are looking for a US-based forum, I can highly recommend the Gyn-Gals forum, which has over 500 members and a very large archive of information http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Gyn-Gals/ I hang out there alot. But I know what you mean about the late night insomnia. Someone at Gyn-Gals refers to it as the "Spin Cycle"! Beccnat
0 Kudos
kiwibud
Occasional Contributor

hi butterfly...  i just figured out how to better navigate and get back to this exact forum spot.   Made thanksgiving dinner yesteday and it reall knocked me out on my feet so long.  Thanks for your post, I'm doing better everyday.. this was my second surgery in six months and thats why I think this pain level is worse..  Larger Incision this time.  I'll be having radiation for approx 6 weeks for 15 minutes a day along with a low dose chemo therapy once a wk.  At least I have a few weeks to heal up from surgery before that new treatment begins. my daughter is just beautiful little almost 5 yr old...and she has been my saving grace in this whole thing.  Children have a way of making you realize it's the simple things that really matter.  We can just lay in bed watching her disney dvd's and have the best of times.      I'm hoping I'll still be able to work when this radiation treatment starts.   I worked the entire time with my other chemo and that was high dose and made me sick.  I'm a pretty determined person and can usually get through rough times.  This second hit has kind of taken the wind outta my sails though.  Is this forum for people all over... i was looking at the address and it looks like australia.  I'm in South Florida so I wonder...  I'm happy i found it because I have trouble sleeping and this allows me to do something constructive and feel like i have a network when I'm up.  THe dog and hubby are here snoring....must be nice!  lol   look for your next post... diane
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Hello girls. Isn't this great, having someone to chat to. I agree, it is hard for other people to understand how we can feel at times. Diane, I have just replied back to your message to me and then I read this, it kind of answers some of my questions I have asked. We don't have thanksgiving here in Australia. It seems to be a big thing in America though, along with Halloween. Have a great weekend.      
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi all, Diane, glad to hear you had a nice thanksgiving. I have always wished we celebrated here in Australia. Yes this forum is through the cancer council of NSW in Australia. But we have people from all over posting on here so please stay...you are more than welcome. South Florida? Lovely. I live in Sydney on the Northern Beaches, we have beautiful beaches and usually pretty good weather, though hot in Summer & we are going into summer now. You are so lucky to have a daughter. We have 2 sons and they are wonderful but I always wanted a little girl. Oh well not to be. Have to wait for grandaughters now. Hopefully that will be a while though!! Hang in there, look forward to your next message! Take care
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.