SECOND CANCER - CHEMO ADVICE AND HI

Not applicable

SECOND CANCER - CHEMO ADVICE AND HI

HI I'M A NEWBIE BUT AN OLD HAND AT CANCER...HODGKINS DISEASE FOR MY 21ST BIRTHDAY! I AM NOW 45 HAVE HAD MOTOR NEURONE DISEASE FOR YEARS, WHICH IS TERMINAL. AT THIS STAGE I TALK AND WALK FUNNY HAVE VERY LIMITED HAND USE AM WEAK AND VERY TIRED BLAH, BLAH (I HATE COMPLAINING) I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH GRADE 3 TRIPLE NEG BREAST CANCER IN JULY, MASTECTOMY (LEFT) 3-4 NODES REMOVED (MY ONLY OPTION AS MY BOOBS WERE SO SMALL) OF COURSE CHEMO - TAXOL AND SOMETHING STARTING WITH C.......WAS RECOMMENDED. MY QUESTION IS HAS ANYONE TOLERATED THIS CHEMO WELL?? AND HAS ANYONE SURVIVED PAST 5 YEARS WITHOUT RECURRENCE? I HAVE 2 DAUGHTERS (7 & 9 YEARS) A GREAT HUSBAND, 2 DOGS AND LOTS OF FAMILY.........HELP
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: SECOND CANCER - CHEMO ADVICE AND HI

Hi Lisa Sorry am not a breast cancer person but just wanted to say good luck with it all. You can research the chemo you are to have on the internet and also ask your cancer nurse (if you have one) as to what tto expect. When I had my chemo, which was different to yours they explained what the side effects could be and also things to avoid and what not to do when neutropenic and all that sort of thing. Regards Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.