Still waiting on Pathology results after Breast Surgery?

LeeLee11

Still waiting on Pathology results after Breast Surgery?

Hi 

I had breast surgery on the 20th January. 

I have had my results appointment changed 3 times?

Still waiting on pathology results.

My new appt is in March. Wondering why it is taking so long.

Just getting more and more worried. I know I should not but it is hard not too.

My other worry is they have some how lost the breast tissue they have taken???

Anyone else waited this amount of time.

I was advised initially it would be a couple of weeks

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Still waiting on Pathology results after Breast Surgery?

Hi,

Due to covid-19, many people have put off having check-ups and getting aches and pains checked out.

In my experience this has caused a significant back log of tests.

Depending on where you live and what resources are available in your local area, there may be a significant back log of people who had a biopsy, and are also waiting on results.

If you're worried about this (and it sounds like you are), talk to your doctor and see if he can find out.

He might be able to chase things up and see what is going on.

My test results came back quickly, but then I had my tests at a major cancer center.

But, I agree, a month seems like a long time. It is most certainly worth following up on with your doctor.

Best of luck and let us know how you go.

-s

Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

I hope you are doing well. 

I'm waiting for my biopsy results to come in. 

I understand that you were going through. 

I believe we go through different stages as we move forward. 

For me I'm in stage 4.

Stage one was finding the lumps 

Stage 2 was waiting on the ultrasound and CT scan results. 

Stage 3 was getting the biopsy. 

Stage four is more waiting. 

5 will be getting results and either being done or deciding if or what treatment I need. 

I'm ok with not having to go through more stages. 

Stay strong 

0 Kudos
HelenBeee
Occasional Contributor

My advice is to get in there and start badgering I know they are under pressure but this is could mean the difference between you putting more pressure on the system later if left. I had to really push this week to find out what was happening with me because a couple of things didnt feel right and didnt add up I finally got to speak to someone that had the time and willingness to do the digging around and it took an hour to have it sorted out (one of the processes hadnt been completed and I hadnt been transferred over to the right department). Your GP would be a good start they usually have access to any hospital/test records and should be willing to enquire for you. At the very least the misplaced sample has to be sorted out even if it means that you have to have another one. If it is too much get one of your friends or loved ones to help you even if it is just to be with whilst you phone itcan be good to have someone who can think rationally when we are in a distressed state. Sending you lots of determination and strength and hope you have it sorted real soon HelenBeee xxx
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.