Tonsil Cancer

MarkM
Occasional Contributor

Tonsil Cancer

I am 53 years old.  I was diagnosed with tonsil cancer last May 2018.  I don't want to bore everyone with my story, but I am willing to listen to yours and compare notes.  Feel free to contact me.  We all seem to now live in a community of friends that have the common ground of cancer of some sort.  Regardless of it's place or stage, all cancer sucks and is no joke.

Once again, I'm willing to talk, chat or all of the above.

Mark Mustard

6 REPLIES 6
Margaret_CCNSW
Contributor

Re: Tonsil Cancer

Hi @MarkM,

Welcome to this Online Community and thanks for reaching out. I see you have been chatting with others in other threads here.

I wanted to let you know about some resources you might find helpful if you haven't already seen them. As well as Cancer Council information on Head and Neck cancer, there is also a great website called Beyond Five which is focused on head and neck cancer. 

Contributing her experience of throat cancer, well-known ABC broadcaster Julie McCrossin features in a video on radiation treatment on the Beyond Five website. Julie also presents the wonderful Cancer Council podcast The Thing About Cancer.

Kind regards,

Margaret

Online Community admin

Cheri
Frequent Visitor

Hi I was diagnosed with tonsil cancer also they said it's stage 1 I have a swollen lymph node in the right side under my ear I am going through chemotherapy and radiation 6 rounds of chemo 8 weeks of radiation I have two weeks of chemo left I only get it once a week so that's two rounds but I am so sick I cannot eat I don't know what to do have you experienced this with your chemo and radiation and how did you push through it any answer is welcome doctors are no help thank you

MarkM
Occasional Contributor

Cheri,

Head and neck cancer treatment is not for the weak.  It's tough.  It sounds like you have a lot of stuff going on.  I honestly believe that the sickness was from the dope that I was taking.  I had a fenenal patch, and I also took oxy's.  I had a G-tube that I got my nutrition from.  I had it for about 4 months.  Putting food into my mouth was a disgusting thought.  I wish that I had words of wisdom to help you get through, but my answer was the G-tube.  It saved my life.  I don't know if I could have done what you are doing.  I assume that the boost and ensures are aweful for you.  

If you've made it this far, there is no doubt in my mind that you will continue to persevere.  Keep in mind that the survivability rate for head and neck cancer patients is very high.  You can do this.

I agree that the doctors are little to no help.  That's why they practice medicine.  They don't know what they are doing, so they just keep practicing.  LOL

I wish that I were of more help to you.  Please keep me informed as to your continued recovery.

MarkM
Occasional Contributor

Thank you

0 Kudos
Seth2622
New Contributor

About 2 years ago I had tonsillitis and strep throat with all the usual symptoms. I got antibiotics and that made my symptoms go away. But ever since then my right tonsil, and right lymphnodes have stayed swollen. And it appears that my tonsil has a little bit of pus on it. I can’t help but think the worse, has anyone had any similar problems as I?

0 Kudos
Seth2622
New Contributor

I’m also 20 years old
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.