Uterine cancer

bev
Frequent Contributor

Uterine cancer

Is there anyone out there that has/had or knows of anyone with uterine cancer?  
0 Kudos
37 REPLIES 37
mayken
Not applicable

Uterine cancer

Yes, I was Diagnosed with it in 2006
0 Kudos
strong
Occasional Contributor

Uterine cancer

have just finished 28 radio sessions and am home. Very little info available on this cancer nor do I know anyone with it. Anyone out there been through it ? Strong
0 Kudos
kerfuddled
New Contributor

Uterine cancer

I was diagnosed this year & had a full hysterectomy in june. my gyno was shocked to find it was cancer. luckily my lymph nodes were clear but the cancer have gone into the wall of my uterus. it was a complete fluke it was discovered & that was only thru my gp ordering an ultra sound to see what was causing tummy aches, the aches had nothing to do with the cancer
0 Kudos
strong
Occasional Contributor

Uterine cancer

I had a total hysto in July followed by 28 sessions of radio in case lymph nodes were affected even though PET scan was clear. Now home 4 weeks and getting slowly better with bowel and bladder. Skin which was burnt has peeled but still have a delightful tan where the sun doesnt normally reach( ha ha). My symptons started with slight post-menapausal bleeding and smelly discharge - unfortunately I was in the NT on a remote station for 6 weeks and didnt want to rock the boat with medical concerns, so shut my mouth, hoped I had enough pads to last and on my return went straight to Gyno.
0 Kudos
irussell
New Contributor

Uterine cancer

Just read your post , I had surgery for uterine cancer in April. But I was lucky that I only needed 4  brachytherapy treatments.   It must have been very difficult to undergo so many  radiotherapy treatments. The  one problem with surgery and treatment  ,you do not know what  is normal . The thoughts of does everyone still feel like this, or has discomfort for this amount of time. Good luck and hope you are soon on the way to recovery.     ir
0 Kudos
irussell
New Contributor

Uterine cancer

I have had uterine cancer and had surgery in April  08  . Followed by  Brackytherapy (radiation delivered through the vagina). My tumor was more than 50% through the uterine wall. But lymph nodes were clear,with no hot spots found on pet scan. What supprised me the number of the females in my husbands family said. But did you not have your pap smear? So how many people are there who think uterine cancer is picked up by a pap smear.
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

Uterine cancer

Ingrid, Thanks for you reply. I have also sent you a private message. I have been told that a pap smear would not have picked up my cancer as it was up too high. First test they thought it was cervical cancer, but then, when I had the hysteroscopy it was discovered that the cancer had started up much higher. Stay happy & healthy everyone.  
0 Kudos
Beccnat
Occasional Contributor

Uterine cancer

Hi Ingrid, It is amazing how many women think the pap smear is a panacea for detecting women's cancers. The current cervical cancer screening brochure says "Why you need to have a Pap smear every two years
0 Kudos
strong
Occasional Contributor

Uterine cancer

Hi Beccnat - I think awareness about uncommon types of female cancers needs to be raised. We hear sooo often about Breast Cancer and the rest barely get a mention. I found it scary when diagnosed in July with Uterine Cancer because it was never on my radar - yep we have a PAP smear and mammogram and we all think we will be fine. How wrong can we be...... Until I went in The Relay for Life and spoke to Cancer Council people I didnt even know about this support group or I would have made enquiries earlier. Kinda makes me mad to think how ignorant I was, even though I had done Net Searches on UC. Good luck and I'm thinking of you
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.