cea levels

mopity
New Contributor

cea levels

hi could someone explain cea levels mine dropped from 10 to 9.9 after my colon cancer op which is not much does anyone know is this good or bad
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
samex
Regular Contributor

Re: cea levels

There are much more knowledgeable people than me but my understanding is the lower the better. Mine weren't tested before surgery but after surgery and then chemo, mine are now 0.9 (I think). Check with your doctor next time you see him/her. S
0 Kudos
harker
Frequent Contributor

I have found the lab tests online site is very good at giving the details on all the components of bllod tests. Go to: http://www.labtestsonline.org.au/ It is a community service and has received government funding so I think it's OK to mention here. H
0 Kudos
Sailor
Deceased

Gday Harker and Mopity Harker got in ahead of me is suggesting you go to labtestsonline. If we are not allowed to mention such sites here then I think we have a major problems. As Harker says it is a community service, receives government funding and contains evidence based information. Look up your test and it will give you a wealth of information. Cheers Sailor The acquisition of the knowledge of navigation has a strange effect on the minds of men. Jack O’ London
0 Kudos
mopity
New Contributor

thankyou all so much i will try the site
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.