melanoma treatment recovery

cheekydonna
New Contributor

Hi,I Just wanted to update on the latest course of events which have been happening. I recently returned to R.P.A. for more surgery to remove a recurrent melanoma. The original was removed last year on Melbourne Cup Day. This year i went in a week earlier.The tumour had grown quite rapidly this time and was about a golfball size by the time it was removed.Again I owe my health/life to Professor Thompson and his wonderful team, A big thankyou goes out to Will McMillan who did a fantastic job of making the wound look as normal as possible. He is a legend!!! Now i have radiation to look forward to as an added bonus. Certainly not looking forward to that very much. But, It has to be done so..what can you do?If you want to live then you must do what you are told and get on with the job of living.Especially since i have two beautiful children who depend on me to be there.Went to Mater Hospital newcastle yesterday for my booking and they all seemed really nice, so that was a positive start. Will start treatment on 8th december for 5 weeks.Shame it will run over xmas and new year but... i guess you get that. If anyone out there has had melanoma experiences/radiation i would love to hear from you. as this is the first time that i have ever accessed this type of thing.I reckon that it;s time i did. It just may help me through those days when nothing much matters.Well, Good Luck to all. Hope to hear back soon.Donna.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
admin_one
Contributor

Hi Donna,Glad to hear you have had good experiences with your health team. Don't forget also that we will have two oncology counsellors live online for a chat on Nov 25 at 6pm. Maybe that could help a bit?.www.cancersupportonline.org.au/livechat  Feel free to message  if you have any question. Totocol
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.