sleep

pimbok
Contributor

Re: sleep

Hi, Emotionally am all over the place. Having nightmares about it returning and having leg amputated etc. Trying to stay positive but sometime just crash. My parents and sister and her family live at Nerang, and my brother and his family across from Q1 (or something like that) right in the Gold Coast. It must be great to have such a large family. It's so nice to hear you are happy now and your checks are only 4 monthly now. Take care
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I am 10 minutes drive from Nerang and so I'm not far from your other family on the Coast either. Although your nightmares are awful you know that that's all they are,not real .We tend to look at the worst .Maybe it's part of learning to deal with fear. I think you should tell your doctor. How is radiation going and how many sessions are you having? Stay in touch ,keep posting.
0 Kudos
pimbok
Contributor

It's such a small world isn't it?! My nightmares are very up and down. I don't see my doc for a week or so yet, but if I'm still having problems will talk to him - thanks - I hadn't thought of doing that. Radiation is going ok. Am up to my 5th day today with only another 20 to go (4 more weeks).
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

You can always see your gp sooner if you feel the need. Mine always has more time for me to talk .My oncologist was mainly concerned with radiation effects so it is often better to still see your gp.I think the rad/oncs have so many patients that their time is limited. That was the case with me anyway .It may be different for you.
0 Kudos
pimbok
Contributor

Saw doc today and plan is more sunlight in mornings and slightly later bedtime each day until Monday. If no improvement then some short term sleeping tablets. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.