stage 4 bowel cancer with large tumors and has spread to liver and lungs any left field treatments?

gm1900
Occasional Visitor

stage 4 bowel cancer with large tumors and has spread to liver and lungs any left field treatments?

this is my first post here. My dad now 59 had bowel cancer many years ago. Doctors said he caught it early and was then clear.  Did his colonoscopy each year and all clear

In plenty of pain recently he decided to get checked turns out the tumor was growing just outside the bowel wall and is now massive and has spread elsewhere.  I don't know exact name but its stage 4 bowel cancer. He has not been told it is terminal yet.

He will start radiation and chemo soon as tumors cant be operated on unless they shrink..  But I am interested in non main stream treatments to compliment this aswell.

Diets that helped you?   tablets that helped you?  things like cumicurin , cbd oil anything..?   I dont care how left field I know for sure there is good things out there beside what doctors give you.

Dad has worked his butt off like most people and is selling his business to retire.. The cancer may or not get him but i want to see him enjoy some life and retirement. He currently is tired but can still ride pushbike and do other things..  

We are looking to throw the kitchen sink at it.  I appriciate any help from survivors that did anything different or funky to chemo/radiation.  Let me know about it cheers 🙂

1 REPLY 1
sch
Super Contributor

Re: stage 4 bowel cancer with large tumors and has spread to liver and lungs any left field treatmen

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's bowel cancer.

I had stage 2 bowel cancer, so I'm not too sure that my advice is 100% what you are looking for.

Keeping up with the exercise is a really good thing. It will help him deal with the side effects of his treatment.

Hopefully someone who has tried the complementary therapy for bowel cancer can help you.

https://www.cancer.org.au/assets/pdf/understanding-complementary-therapies

-s

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.