Hi. I have been on this site many times and you have all have helped me. Finally my dad is coming to live with me but I am really afraid. He now has prostrate cancer as well as oesophageus cancer and ic incontient and I have to get help etc but with shower etc I am told I can only get help for 6 weeks!!!! What happens after that. My brother says he needs to go into a nursing home but I can't do that!!! I am feeling so overwhelmed now and don't know what to do.
hmm this is a hard one! i guess when its your father there is not much you can do... how come u can only have help for six weeks? if you feel like putting him in a nursing home is wrong then dont do it.. having cancer makes you want to be close to your family and friends.. can your brother help you out at all?
0 Kudos
Has a palliative nurse contacted you? if not ask at the hospital, their service is free and they will help you with nursing care and equipment such as shower stool, etc.
0 Kudos
Hi Chris Vinouche has said it - through your hospital get in touch with your local palliative care service. They will take care of things for you. Talk to the Social Workers - there is an incredible amount of help out there for people in your situation and the people they care for - you just have to ask. Get in touch with Carers Australia www.carersaustralia.com.au - they will have details of the services that are available. Cheers Sailor You cannot change the direction of the wind. You can, however, trim your sails. Anon
0 Kudos
Post new blog
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.