A newbie

JanBaw
New Contributor

A newbie

Hi there everyone.  After spending 4 months on the cancer rollercoaster, thought it would help to get online with people in similar situation.  This is all new to me so please please please forgive me if I prattle on.  I am supporting my father with advanced metastasized melanoma cancer.  I feel like I am the only daughter who has supported her young 60 year old dad suffering from cancer.  Dads last surgery happened a month ago, where he had 2/3 stomach removed, half liver removed and his spleen removed.  This was his 3rd major surgery in 4 months.  His surgeon has now said NO MORE SURGERY.  Doctors are talking quality of life not quantity so no other treatment options.  It just doesnt seem fair.  My father has been a busy, active man who never gets sick and here he is, being dealt with a form of torture.  It really sucks!
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Oldman
Contributor

A newbie

Hello JanBaw,Welcome to this site if you need support for what you are going through this is the place to be.I have only been around here for about six months and have found it to be a great support system I hope you find the same.oldman
0 Kudos
JanBaw
New Contributor

A newbie

Thank you Oldman for your welcome! And congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little boy.  The birth of a child is such a gift and teaches us all just how precious life is!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.