Anxious & lost

MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Anxious & lost

I’ve suffered anxiety all of my life, but the past month it has gotten out of control. I have seen my dr and my meds increased and am seeing a psychologist. 

Will I get through this? Will I be ok again? I really need hope that life will be sunny once again.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Anxious & lost

Can I have someone to help me?
0 Kudos
RJG
Frequent Contributor

The simple answer is that getting through anxiety is up to you. The big trick to it is having a loved one help to guide you through the perils that lie ahead. 
This is rather easy for me to say because I was the one helping rather than the one suffering. 
It has been said many times by many people, but you need to let go of the things that you can’t control. And that’s not so say “what will be will be”, but to choose your battles. 
And if your GP recommends medication , don’t fight it. Medication is a tool that will help you to work out which battles are worth fighting. When you get stronger, your GP should start weaning you off them to a point where everything runs at an even keel. 
The journey through anxiety can be harder than the fight through cancer - at least with cancer there is a physical presence to deal with and there are tests that will confirm how well you are doing. 
Good luck, best wishes and a big hug,

Rick

MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks to you, indeed that medication is a tool that will help you to work out which battles are worth fighting. I just read this article which helped me atleast overcome and start cope, I thought of sharing this to you as well. www. helpguide. org /articles/anxiety/coronavirus-anxiety.htm

0 Kudos
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks rick you are a big help in some way. Appreciate you! 

0 Kudos
KaceJax
Contributor

We all struggle with our inner thoughts and emotions. Sometimes we can get trapped in them. It can feel like there is a dark cloud hanging over our heads. All we need in this time is someone to hear and understand what we feel.

ActuariesDiseas
Contributor

I agree, moral support with someone important brings a lot of hope.

0 Kudos
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

I hope that it would work for me. I've started reconnecting with some of my family.
0 Kudos
RJG
Frequent Contributor

Beware when reconnecting. Some people don’t know how to respond and it can be too much for them. 
So if you get a bad reaction, don’t blame them. Give them a little more time and try again giving specifics about what you want need. That will allow them to respond more objectively and get used to the situation. In time they will let their guard down and closer relationships will develop. 
Hugs to all!

Rick

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.