Brest cancer

Daina

Brest cancer

Hi everyone,

feeling pretty down at the moment.

My mum has recently been diagnosed with stage 2 triple negative breast cancer. I’d love to say this is my first hit with cancer but my father passed away 4 years ago with lung cancer.

This came completely out of the blue and I’ve already been struggling with bad anxiety so I didn’t handle diagnosis very well, well today was her first hit of chemo and I’m absolutely stressing out. I can’t attend any appointments due to my anxiety which is highly triggered around anything doctor especially needles.

She has just gotten home and looks pale as anything and is feeling quite nauseous and I’m already stressed to the max but it’s only just the two of us.

how can I help make her comfortable and help me stop freaking out 😔

1 REPLY 1
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Brest cancer

Hi @Daina,

I'm sorry to hear of your mother's diagnosis. Try not to dwell on the fact that she has cancer. Breast cancer has come along way in terms of success stories, & the chances for your mother are good.

Spend as much time with your mum as you can & make some good memories, but try not to worry so much. Chemo isn't nice, & the side effects can be dreadful, but if you're there for your mum, she'll be forever grateful.

I wish you the best.

Budgie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.