Head and Neck Cancer

judels
Occasional Contributor

Head and Neck Cancer

My husband has been battling head and neck cancer for the past 4 years which has metastisised to the lungs. His last CAT scan shows a huge increase in a tumor in the right lung and his prognosis is now down to months. I would like to talk to someone going through similar stuff and how to handle it all.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: Head and Neck Cancer

I have a head and neck cancer,diagnosed 18 months ago. It is expected to metastesise to the lungs but this could be months or years away. Sorry I can't help you. My thoughts are with you.I hope that you get some help .
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

What kind of cancer is it? Is he receiving any palliative treatment ?
0 Kudos
judels
Occasional Contributor

Hi Silly - He has head and neck cancer which has spread to the lungs. He is under palliative care. I have all the support teams organised. We only found out last Thursday about the approximate time he has to live so we are still digesting everything and very frightened and emotional.
0 Kudos
judels
Occasional Contributor

The primary was base of tongue with secondaries in the lymph nodes around the neck. He underwent a radical neck dissection 4 years ago today followed by chemo and radiation. It metastisised to the lungs 18 months ago and he underwent 6 rounds of chemo starting in January this year. He contracted pheumonia at Easter and the chemo was stopped. He was bery ill and we nearly lost him then.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.