Hello World

SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: Hello World

Is there to be any more treatment,radiation and/or chemo? Maybe you will still fit your trip in after treatment. Did you get travel insurance?If the trip time doesn't suit you could explain and they should be able to let you change your times if you need this. All the best toyou and your partner.
0 Kudos
peanutz
Frequent Contributor

Dennis will start Chemo-radio therapy on Mon 29/8. He had a surgery on 8/8. Unfortunately, we were still looking around for travel insurance as we got the tickets not long before he had the symptoms. We got the tickets using mileage points so I think we will have to pay a fee either to cancel or changes the tickets. I hope he will be well enough to travel after all the treatments as now we are out of luck in getting travel insurance, I believe. If he can't travel but can live for a long time, I'm happy with that.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Y es his health is no. 1 .
0 Kudos
Rarelyseen
Occasional Contributor

Well the whole thing is so distressing, I feel so hurt for us all,I wish I had a magic wound and could just make us all well, I often wonder how doctors cope with it all, I would be in a ball under my bed everyday, I thought the worst thing that could happen to me was when my daughter was struck with a brain tumor 15 years ago, but she beat all the odds and they called her a miracle, she now has a little baby and is cancer free, now it has struck me, and here it is in my life all over again, I HATE CANCER, I wish I could take it and shake it and break it into pieces, and maybe I can, maybe we all can, who knows ?. For those who asked about other treatments the only other treatment I have heard of is (Gerson Therapy) but I don't know anyone personally who has done it personally, I watched about 5 mins of it and I don't like the way they talk about the medical profession, I need to feel they are on my side at the moment even though with the treatment and its side effects it does not feel that way at times, I am in early days I suppose and I am hopeful, God bless us all.
0 Kudos
peanutz
Frequent Contributor

A quick Google search shows that part of Gerson Therapy uses coffee enema, vegetables juice, and supplements. I think this is what Jimmy Stynes does and showed in his documentary. I think there is nothing wrong about doing all this 'on top' of the conventional therapy. At least, it may have some placebo effects 🙂
0 Kudos
Smiley
Contributor

Hi Peanutz, My husband too has a GBM (4) and was diagnosed in April 2010 - he was 48 then. We are still fighting the damn cancer - life is one big roller coaster. But that being said we have had some good times too. We also had to cancel an O/S trip as we were due to leave 6 week after his diagnosis - our flights too were Frequent Flyer. I contacted the airline and they were marvellous - recredited our points plus the tax we paid with out any question. Happy to answer any questions you want to bounce off me in regards to GBM - happy to also listen to you vent ! Its a bugger for the cancer victim but hard too on the carer. Look after yourself
0 Kudos
peanutz
Frequent Contributor

Hi Smiley, Thanks for the info. I'll have to contact the airlines and see what they can do. From a quick check, we may have to pay a fee. I'm still hopeful that we can make a trip. *sigh* Perhaps, we haven't reached the scary part of the ride yet. It's only the 2nd week of chemo-radiation. Cheers
0 Kudos
Smiley
Contributor

Just wondering how things are going in your world ?
0 Kudos
peanutz
Frequent Contributor

Just when I thought we were doing alright... my partner finished chemo-radiotherapy on 10/10. At the moment, we are just waiting for him to start chemotherapy. We have an appointment with his oncologist tomorrow afternoon. The last few weeks he did OK but was tired most of the time. He felt dizzy sometimes. Occasionally, he felt good enough to go super slow jogging, 3-4 times from my memory. Last week we went on holidays in Thailand for a week and back on Sunday. He did quite well during the trip without any problem and felt better towards the end of the trip. However, since this early morning he has had quite a bad headache, vomited a few times today whenever he tried to eat/drink something, and been in bed the whole day. Still he doesn't want to go to a hospital, he really hates it there. 😞 I'll let him sleep in our bed tonight and tomorrow morning if his condition is not better, off he goes to the hospital. He's a lot bigger than me and I'm not much help when his legs go week and about to fell over. Is this the start of the 'down' trip? I feel helpless. I don't really know what to do. I have work to do, people to manage. I've been in my job for only 8 months and I already spent 8 days on carer leave this year during the surgery and recovery to support him.
0 Kudos
Mignon
Contributor

So sorry to her of your pain.My thoughts ( for what they are worth) are here for you.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.