I'm losing my mom

Andrea2450z
Occasional Contributor

I'm losing my mom

9 months ago my mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer. The doctors told her it has been going on for 10 years! Now, what I thought it could be a light at the end  the tunnel, by all the treatments she had done and by how well the doctors used to talk about her has completely disappeared, they now said she had terminal cancer and it's unbearable to see how she just gets weaker every day. I don't know how to handle this anymore. I can't stand losing her. It's so hard to come to terms with her leaving me and thinking about the time I spent with her as just a lovely memory. I don't want to say goodbye, I'm not prepare to see her go. I don't know what else to do, I want to have my old mom back, I want to do all the things we used to do. I know I have to stay hopefull but it's so hard to hear that she wants to give up.

4 REPLIES 4
Budiman
Visitor

Re: I'm losing my mom

Just become member today.
18 mths ago I have been diagnosed cancer stage 4. I had 20 sessions of radiation to my pelvis and 2 rounds of hormone treatments. Importantly I have my natural herbal therapy daily: hot Ginger + Turmeric drink , together with physical exercise.
Try natural herbal, it never harm, because it is natural.
Now my cancer is "under controlled".
My PSA was 98, now 0.05.
Wish your mom can overcome the cancer. Budiman
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sending ever so gentle thoughts your way @Andrea2450z . Emotional times.

If you need practical  help or advice, counseling and help can be obtained through both the Cancer Council and the Carer Gateway including this article on end of life planning:

https://www.carergateway.gov.au/help-advice/end-life-planning

Andrea2450z
Occasional Contributor

All the best for you and I hope you can overcome this, sending all the light and love towards your way
0 Kudos
Andrea2450z
Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much, I will definitely need it now more than ever
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.