ISOLATION

grrlboiwonder
Occasional Contributor

Re: ISOLATION

Dear Juliewho - this is our chance, as forum users here to send our thoughts out to you and your family. There is no expectation for you to reply, but I hope people's messages here will help you when or if you need extra support Xx

0 Kudos
juliewho
Occasional Contributor

thank you for your kind words life is tough but if i keep busy I dont dwell on it maybe later I will be able to offer advice to others but now its a bit raw , sometimes its the small things that make you cry and other times I am fine good luck to all of you 

RachelP
New Contributor

I totally get it. I have a similar situation. My husband is 44yo. We don't have kids together but he has two adult children, both who struggle with the guilt of not being able to help us more. He sleeps a lot also. Rarely go anywhere as he simply feels too unwell or we go out and need to come home quickly due to pain, vomiting etc. I feel a little numb, traumatised emotionally. We moved out of the city almost 2 years ago to get a better life. We love our home but it is a lonely place for me. He doesn't like people coming over and I, like you, try to fill in my time around the house. I have my own health issues so also need a lot of rest. Working full time means I stress & worry all day but his medical expenses & medication costs take up a large amount of my income. I don't know what to do anymore. We don't have much support. My mum is wonderful but his family r selfish & cold. A source of great anger for me! Thinking of you as u continue on the journey you r both on. Thank u for posting as I read a very familiar story. Love & prayers 🙏🏻🦋

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.