Inroducing myself.

Jo_-_marg
New Contributor

Inroducing myself.

Hello, I've just joined this site, as I'm having a very difficult time. I live in Melbourne. My sister was diagnosed last April with advanced lung cancer. She lives in England. I have been through many emotions since then. Last October I went to England to spend 2 weeks with her. I hadn't seen her for 7 years. She was expected to live appx 12 months. I went to a couple of chemotherapy sessions with her. We talked and talked every day. We had never talked like that before. On Christmas day, I got news that she is deteriorating rapidly - she is not eating, is losing weight, and has no energy. I am preparing myself to fly out as soon as possible. I have been feeling very anxious this past 2 days, and am afraid I am losing my mind. I feel so afraid of just about everything. My sister is 62. I believe she will not live much longer. At the same time I can't believe it. I can't imagine her not being here anymore. My parents both died when I was very young, but they died suddenly. I have never been in this position before. I am afraid of going crazy and being no use to anyone. I look forward to meeting people who understand. jo - marg
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Inroducing myself.

Hiya Jo - marg Firstly you are not going crazy ... you are reacting the way that anyone would with having to go through what you are going through. Secondly, welcome to the site and blog land. My mother has gone through similar to what you are gonig through (with her father and mother as they are both english). It is times like this that makes distance so very very difficult. Julie
0 Kudos
Jo_-_marg
New Contributor

Re: Inroducing myself.

Hi Julie, Thank you for your welcome. It will take me a while to get to know my way around. It is a comfort to hear that I'm not going crazy. It looks like I will be leaving for UK on 4th January. My body is here in Melbourne, but my heart is in UK with my sister. Hopefully I can stay in touch with this site. I have just spoken to my niece and she tells me she had to take her mum to hospital last night. She is very poorly. It is so hard for her children. I hope I can be a support to them. Jo.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.