Introducing myself

judels
Occasional Contributor

Introducing myself

Hello - I have just joined as we are about to start another merry-go-round with this dreaded disease and I know I will find this site very useful and supportive as the carer. My husband was diagnosed with Head and Neck cancer in July 2007, had a radical neck dissection followed by chemo and radiation. At his last check-up the oncologist thought a CAT scan would be in order as he was now 2 years post treatment. He looks great and gained most of his weight back and there was no hint that the monster had raised its ugly head again. It was shock and dismay when we learnt the results of the CAT scan wherein the monster had metastised in both lungs. We are now waiting for a full body scan on 19th January followed by oncologist appointments on 21st January. So here we go again!!! He is filling himself with blueberry juice, wolfberry juice, purple carrot juice, garlic, vitamins etc etc etc. We figure we will do what we can to fight this miserable creature.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
judels
Occasional Contributor

Re: Introducing myself

I also need to add that my sister's partner is also terminal with motor neuron disease. Her and I have shared many tears. We were always close but this will bind us so very tightly forever and ever.
0 Kudos
larn75
Contributor

wow what a journey you have already travelled. Hope you will find this site as helpful as we all do. Welcome aboard the cancer train Judels. I hope we can all help relieve some of your pressure. Alana :-)
0 Kudos
larn75
Contributor

wow what a journey you have already travelled. Hope you will find this site as helpful as we all do. Welcome aboard the cancer train Judels. I hope we can all help relieve some of your pressure. Alana :-)
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.