Life seems ok at the moment

Smiley
Contributor

Life seems ok at the moment

Coming across this website has been one of the great positives in this cancer journey - in so many ways it just helps, so thank you to all who are part of it. I just wonder where life will lead at times , but as I sit here typing , things seem ok in our world at this moment. David, my husband, has just passed his 2 year anniversary of GBM4 diagnosis. 'Yes' our lives have changed, 'yes' he has changed - but then again so have I probably ! We have just enjoyed a great two weeks away in the sunshine - but always lurking in the background is the tumour. Some days I just think I can't stand another moment and others it all just becomes routine - and thats from the carers perspective - I still can't imagine how he is coping with it all. But like everyone here , I just on on with it and so does he.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
wombat4
Contributor

Re: Life seems ok at the moment

Yes its true, sometimes it becomes " routine ". I think before we embark on this journey, are lives are routine and wellness is normal. Then when the DX comes up and after the initial shock to our way of thinking, and the period of change that inevitably happens, it, the new situation becomes the norm, and we deal with it as best we can. We try to normalise our lives we what we have.There seems to be, as things were "then", before the DX, and as things are "now", and the "now" is our norm. We would give the world to change it, but we can not, so we accept it, as normal,and just get on with it, and it helps us cope. Good luck Wombat4
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

So well said ,Wombat. I think what you wrote ,Smiley, could have been the same if you had been the one with the cancer.
0 Kudos
Smiley
Contributor

I think I understand what you mean 'Silly'. My husband is not the only one effected here - yes in a physical sense he is but we are all coping as best we can because we are all living the same life .
0 Kudos
Smiley
Contributor

I think I understand what you mean 'Silly'. My husband is not the only one effected here - yes in a physical sense he is but we are all coping as best we can because we are all living the same life .
0 Kudos
Smiley
Contributor

0 Kudos
rarsie
Contributor

I understand Smiley, it affects all involved, I watch my son and think "has there been a change in him in the last week", "when is it going to come back", its the unanswered questions that nobody can tell me that is so hard. Its like a time bomb ready to go off isnt it. Knowing if it were us how do you cope knowing this dreaded disease is lurking around us everyday and there is not a B....y thing we can do about it
0 Kudos
wombat4
Contributor

Dont live your life thinking of, if and when it may come back. Enjoy your life in the sunshine. wombat
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.