Metastatic Melanoma

luckiestgirl
Occasional Contributor

Metastatic Melanoma

Haven't posted for a while because both my husband and myself had continued to be NED. However two days ago my husband was concerned his urine was going very dark and he was feeling ill and in a lot of pain so he took himself to hospital where they tested his urine and said there was something going on with his liver. He had xrays and a ct scan done and now has lesions in his lung and liver. It is devastating. Won't know the full treatment plan until after Christmas due to testing and holidays but doctor said it is bad. It is fast growing lesions and probably metastatic melanoma. He had his previous scan in May which was clear. As he has previously had major doses of chemotherapy when he had AML and an autologous transplant it may narrow his treatment options, however it may be in his favour that it was 20 years ago. Open to discuss this with anyone who has experienced the same. Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Metastatic Melanoma

Welcome back to the Online Community @luckiestgirl! I am Kate, the new Community Manager around these parts.

So sorry to hear of your husband's diagnosis, it must be incredibly difficult for you both. Have you had any word about what his treatment plan will be, now that Christmas is over?

Kind Regards,

Kate

0 Kudos
luckiestgirl
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kate.

His prognosis is very poor. It is spreading very fast. Even if he has the mutated BRAF gene it will be too late.  Meeting with doctors romorrow to discuss his palliative care. It has all been so fast and aggressive. He is having morphine hourly now and ondansetron and maxalon. 

Thanks for your concern.

0 Kudos
luckiestgirl
Occasional Contributor

Regrettably my husband passed away just 30 minutes before his BRAF gene test came back. He went from heslthy active to death in the space of two and a half weeks. Metastatic melanoma is devastatingly aggressive. Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

I am genuinely saddened to hear that @luckiestgirl Smiley Sad

If there is anything myself or the extended team can do to help, please do not hesitate to reach out. In time, when you are ready, we'd love to see you here. Feel free to unload, yell or whatever you need to do Heart

With love,

Kate

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.