Mum diagnosed with Lymphoma

Amba
Visitor

Mum diagnosed with Lymphoma

Hello,

My mum was diagnosed with aggressive Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma last week and two days later she has started her first course of chemotherapy.  What has really got to me is my mum told me the other day that she thinks she is dying and I would love some help on how I can help her keep positive.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Mum diagnosed with Lymphoma

Hi @Amba,

How is your Mum doing with her chemo? And also, how are you doing yourself?

Would your Mum listen to podcasts? We have a podcast series that's hosted by the amazing Julie McCrossin, that covers a whole range of different topics. You may find them good to listen to as well. For example, How to help someone with cancer and Coping with a cancer diagnosis, there's one on making treatment decisions and others about the changing of family dynamics.

Sending love Heart

0 Kudos
Marcus
Occasional Contributor

Hi Amba

You and your Mum are both in the middle of a scary time in your life, being recently diagnosed, starting treatment and how your Mum is feeling

i was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin’s 14 years ago I have been Cancer free for 12 years and my best piece of advice is one step, one day at a time. 

I am afraid there is no easy way forward 

perhaps talking again to the Doctor again so as to reassure your Mum regards moving forward with it all. 

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Marcus
Occasional Contributor

Hi Amba

You and your Mum are both in the middle of a scary time in your life, being recently diagnosed, starting treatment and how your Mum is feeling

i was diagnosed with Non Hodgkin’s 14 years ago I have been Cancer free for 12 years and my best piece of advice is one step, one day at a time. 

I am afraid there is no easy way forward 

perhaps talking again to the Doctor again so as to reassure your Mum regards moving forward with it all. 

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.