My Dad, so scared

Sqweege
Contributor

Re: My Dad, so scared

Oh that's lovely Di, I hope you really enjoy your time with your daughter, SIL and g/kids and yep teens will certainly keep you on your toes haha! Wonderful to hear you're feeling a bit better too, I'm sure you treasure every little moment of feeling better. I'm going to the docs tomorrow as I feel worse and no doubt stress isn't helping, because I'm really stressed out that if I have a virus or something I can't go down to be with Dad whilst I'm sick and that will mean my bro & sil and bub will have to go down again ... and ... and ... breathe - I'll go to the doc then deal with it then. Yep I'm a stress head! Lots of hugs Di
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Sqweege, Just a quick reply today (Dave jokes I cant do short replies haha)- I havent been online - catching up on some rest after having all the family here. Just been playing my silly little f/book games to relax! Just wanted to check that you're doing OK, and Dad too. How did his treatment go? Are you feeling a bit better, did you go to the doc's? Sqweege, we can ALL be 'stress heads' at some stage in our lives, so you 'go for it' and try to get yourself well (for YOUR sake)! Take care, talk soon. let us know how dad (and you) are doing' Di 🙂 (big hugs to all)
0 Kudos
Sqweege
Contributor

Heya Di Thanks for checking in, lovely to hear from you. I'm a big fan of the Facebook games for chilling/zoning out, my latest fave is Cityville! Unfortunately I haven't been able to get down to Dad yet this week as I have a confirmed "viral infection", virus in other words and as I'm sure you know I can't be anywhere near Dad with a virus. He is having his next chemo tomorrow morning (Friday). His brother in law (my Uncle) is taking him. I was all packed up ready to go and my glands etc flared up again and doc said nope you're still sick :( Anyway, so I'm laying low to get better and get down to Dad as soon as I safely can. He has 2 sisters, a bro in law and a brother and sis in law in his town at the moment who are all there if he needs anything. I'm disappointed I won't be there with Dad for his chemo tomorrow but it can't be changed and he's in good hands :) How are you feeling Di? Did you have a nice time with your family? *~*hugs*~*
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Sqweege I did have a lovely time with the family, but after having 7 other people in the house (2 adults and 5 kids) my partner and I had to chill out for a couple of days. The kids are great but 5 of them together makes for 'quite a bit of noise' especially when we are not used to it. My son and DIL also had their first baby on Sunday night. A little girl (unnamed as yet??? - dont quite know how that can be when they had 9 months to come up with one) 6lb 90z - which was a surprise as she wasnt due until 16/2. I havent been down to see them yet (Melb) but they dont get out of hosp till tomorrow so I think I will let them settle in at home and perhaps visit next weekend. Sorry to hear that you are still unwell, why is it we can always count on getting sick at the most inappropriate time?? Never mind, your main concern is to LET yourself get well - I'm sure dad will be well looked after this time, and then you can go with him next time. How far away does your dad live from you? Take care, big hugs to you and dad - hope you are on the mend. Di 🙂
0 Kudos
Vicki_Anne
Occasional Contributor

Congratulations on your new granddaughter Dianne. Cheers Vicki
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Vicki, I cant wait to see her. They have now named her : Bailey Olivia and going home from hospital today. Di 🙂
0 Kudos
Sqweege
Contributor

Aww congrats on the safe arrival of baby Bailey Olivia Granny Di! Are you a Granny or Nana or?? A new baby is such a joy :) Dad had his 2nd chemo on Friday and so far is feeling really good 😄 Do you have flooding where you are Di? I'm ok where I am so far thank goodness but there's a lot of roads between where I am and Dad is that are closed due to flooding, uuggghh. Dad lives 4hrs away from me. I'm on the Mornington Peninsula. Hope you're having a lovely weekend ((( hugs )))
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Sqweege, thanks for the congrats! I am Nanna (nannie) - depending how old the child is. My older 3 g/kids call me Nan, but the 2 littlies call me Nannie (uh, sounds like a goat, haha) - I guess Bailey will call me Nannie also. (that makes 6 beautiful g/kids!) I still havent 'physically' seen her yet, but my son has posted lots of photos on the net, she is a little cutie (but then again, I am extremely biased!). It's a 4hr return trip to see the kids (son and daughter both live in Melb) so I just need to work up the energy to go. I wanted to give them a chance to be on their own and settle in for the first week. Hopefully will go down the end of this week for a day or so. Is that a 4 hour 'straight' trip or return trip for you to get to your dad? Whichever way, it makes it difficult doesnt it. I live in rural vic (2 hour return trip to see onco and other docs), and as I said, 4 hour return trip to see the kids. I just find all the travelling extremely tiring. My partner drives me to and from docs visits, which I am very grateful for (I usually sleep on the way home, haha) but we dont go to Melb together, as one of us has to stay home with the animals, so I usually have to 'psych myself up' for the drive. Hope you are feeling better and getting rid of your nasty virus. Hope dad is doing OK! Take care Di (big hugs to you all) 🙂
0 Kudos
PrayingToBeAnsw
New Contributor

Just started reading this post :P Sqweege have you gotten rid of your cold? How did your dad go with the chemo? (I always get so angry if I get sick I don't want to miss any chances seeing my dad!!) I was just wondering if your feeling better how your dads doing this week? diannep52 Congratts on the new grandchild always lovely to have a new blessing in the family and I loveee the name so gorgeous and different! Find any good f/b games lately ? 😛 just wanted to say when I read your posts I thought you are truly awesome you bring something special to these forums 🙂 *hugs* *sending lots of healing thoughts to you both*
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Congratulations Dianne! That's a wonderful news for you and another reason to remain strong and kicking 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.