Need to know Im not alone

AmandaC
Contributor

Re: Need to know Im not alone

Monique you are faced with and extreme situation and I think unfortunately everyone is different and there is no right or wrong way to handle things. The truth is you have to do what is best for you, hubby and daughter. I can only sympathise I was lucky my husband survived his cancer and I survived mine, but I remember the days when I felt so mad that he just sat around. Or when I looked at him and he was grey in the skin, no hair and looking very sick and I had to busy myself with other things to not break down. I focused alot on my son and making sure he was fine and coping wiht the whole thing, that was my way of dealing with it. My husband was mad at me when I was sick and going through treatment, I was so upset at the time but I did realise he was struggeling and the situation was out of our control which mad him frustrated. I hope your husband, daughter and yourself are doing ok right now. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you.
0 Kudos
thaker
Contributor

Re: Need to know Im not alone

Hi Monique Since its been some time since your post, I hope things have settled down a little for you. I know exactly what you mean. My husband had a tumour in 2001 which proved to be a grade 3 glioma. He was told he would have 5 years. He went 7.5 years with no recurrence at all. In fact his scan last December (he had an MRI) was "clean". In Feb this year he had a massize seizure at work and a Ct scan and MRI later we were told that he had not one but 2 tumours in his brain. In March he had a biopsy and as much as they could see of the tumours were removed. We were then told that the tumors had gone up a stage and he now has GBM...the most aggressive form of brain tumour. I was so positive the first time around that when I started falling apart this time around I could not understand it. I found myself crying in the car and in the shower as I contemplated life without my soulmate. I am 35 and we have 2 beautiful girls aged 9 and 3. I eventually went to see my GP who referred me to a counsellor and after 3 months of sessions with her...I am now coping better with our situation. There is no normal way to react. There are so many ups and downs in this journey it can be mind boggling at times. My hubby's personality has changed and he is more irritable and at times it is hard to be patient. So..dont worry there is no right emotion. Try to take care of yourself while you cater for his and your daughter's needs. Regards Sangeeta To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and sing it to them when they have forgotten. ---author unknown
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.