New here and a little Overwhelmed

wombat4
Contributor

Re: New here and a little Overwhelmed

Please accept my sincere condolences for the lose of your mum. I lost my wife 21/12/11 under similar circumstances, although it was fluid build up brought on by liver failure, I was holding her hand and talking quietly to her, her breathing became laboured and then stopped,I saw the light leave her beautiful eyes, it was the most tragic, devastating moment in my whole life, but you know what, I am now glad I was there with her at the end, we had been married for 40yrs, and she knew I was there, she did not pass away alone in a hospital bed on her own, I love her dearly. that means a lot to me. I,like your dad now live in a house on my own with just my memories. The Cancer Council offer support for people that have lost loved ones, and I am now attending counselling.Also look for the group Solace in the net, they are a group of people that have lost loved ones, they get together and speak of their grief, and we cry, it helps to be with people that are going through the same, they understand. I am attending the meetings. wombat4
0 Kudos
aj
New Contributor

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mother on 13th January 1970 and sadly left just before she passed away. I always regretted that she might have felt abandoned at the end, so when it came time for my father to go, I was with him till the last. I know that you think that the look on your dear mother's face was fear, but be sure that although it looked terrible to you, she would not have wanted to be on her own at that moment. May it be a comfort to you to know that as she slipped away from this life, she may have been a little concerned how you would all cope. Remember the strength and the courage she showed and live life to the fullest, knowing that this is what she would want for you and that this is also what your children would want for you too. Warm regards, AJ
0 Kudos
aj
New Contributor

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mother on 13th January 1970 and sadly left just before she passed away. I always regretted that she might have felt abandoned at the end, so when it came time for my father to go, I was with him till the last. I know that you think that the look on your dear mother's face was fear, but be sure that although it looked terrible to you, she would not have wanted to be on her own at that moment. May it be a comfort to you to know that as she slipped away from this life, she may have been a little concerned how you would all cope. Remember the strength and the courage she showed and live life to the fullest, knowing that this is what she would want for you and that this is also what your children would want for you too. Warm Regards, AJ
0 Kudos
Epanting
Occasional Contributor

Thank you AJ and Wombat.it was like a nightmare that i just couldn't wake up from. I am glad i was there for her till the end. i just heard from my dad he seems to be ok when i spoke to him on the phone. I know she is looking down on us. I create candles and her favourite colour is purple and at her funeral i dedicated a purple candle to her and had it burning while the funeral was happening. When its her birthday, anniversary, the day she passed i will burn her candle in memory of her. I still see her face as she was passing i think that will be with me for a while. Right now im only just coping as hubby has just flown back to work today and am feeling a little lonely im constantly feeling nauseated and am having a hard time sleeping at night but yet for some strange reason im having a nap for about 2 hours during the day when i never could sleep at daytime. its very strange. thank you wombat for the name of the solace in the net i will have a look for it when i get a chance.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.