Renal Cell Carcinoma spreads to adrenal glands and femoral bones

LEE20
Visitor

Renal Cell Carcinoma spreads to adrenal glands and femoral bones

Good Afternoon every one

My husband had been diagnosed in 2016 with RCC and he had a right nephrectomy.

Again in  2019 he had a partial left as the cancer had spread to the left kidney. After his yearly check up we had been told that the cancer had now spread to the remaining part of the  kidney  and no follow up treatment.

Just recently a CT scan picked up tumors on both the adrenal glands so consequently he was than sent for a pet scan . That picked up yes in fact it is cancer.  We  also were told that the cancer has spread to the femoral bones

It is hard to know now what to expect and the long jeopardy of my partners life.

Any helpful advice and knowledge would be great fully appreciated. 

There is really nothing anyone could say that we haven't already thought of so please be honest.

Thanking you

Lee

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Patches
Frequent Contributor

Re: Renal Cell Carcinoma spreads to adrenal glands and femoral bones

so sorry to hear about your husband and the changes in his health.  having lost my husband only a short 6 months after his diagnosis I suggest you make a written list of things you both want to do and start to do them as weather, your husbands health etc allows.  

does you and your husband have up to date wills?  have you thought about prepaid funeral?

pack as much enjoyment into every day.  

we are all hear to listen and support.

have you and your husband consider making appointment to speak to counsellor or social worker through your hospital for assistance?

Take care, hope to hear from you again soon

Traci-Renee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Renal Cell Carcinoma spreads to adrenal glands and femoral bones

hi Patches,

my husband can’t do much these days, pretty much lays in bed.  We just got a second opinion from a new surgeon and seeing a new oncologist on the 2nd of February.  
Yes as soon as he was diagnosed we did wills.  But he still doesn’t know what stage this is.  He doesn’t want to know.  Here the dr’s believe if they don’t want to know, it’s probably for the best.  He will live longer.  I have been thru so much since 2019, 2020 and now 2021.  Losing my mom and now my husband is getting worse.  I’m still not done cleaning out her apartment.  We just got her ashes 29th Friday.  Is really crazy.  
hope to hear back.

❤️Hugs my friend

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.