Sister's Lymphoma has progressed, again.

kareh84
New Contributor

Sister's Lymphoma has progressed, again.

My eldest Sister was diagnosed with NHL earlier this year. She's currently in RPA now with stage 4 NHL and is back on chemo until her trial starts. I had a 1:1 with the doctor and just asked for the details straight up. He initially said, considering how quickly this cancer has progressed, she wouldn't last more than a couple /a few months on chemo alone so they were hoping to get her into a trial much sooner. So basically, we just now hope that chemo has her with us long enough to start the trial (could be 1 or 2 months away) and that the trial works. Cannot imagine this world or our family without her. We lost our Mum 3 years ago and our Grandfather a year after that. I'm also 4 months pregnant and she's SO excited for the baby. My only fear is that she won't be around to meet my little one and be the most amazing Aunty.

It's so incredibly hard to see her lying in a hospital bed everyday, helpless. My God she's strong though and she's never complained. Never like, why me. She's just a trooper. She doesn't deserve this. No one does. Why isn't there a cure for this crap already?! 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RJG
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sister's Lymphoma has progressed, again.

Hi kareh84,

Cancer is crap, but most types have some sort of treatment protocol and new treatments are being identified all the time. We live in hope.

Be there for your sister!

Rick

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.