Stage 4 Lung CA with mets

mc407
New Contributor

Stage 4 Lung CA with mets

Hi everyone,

I am just new to this site and I joined because my 53 year old husband was diagnosed with stage 4 lung CA last Dec 20, 2016. 

After undergoing chemotherapy for 2 years with various drugs, immunotherapy and TKI of 2 brands, bone radiation of 10 sessions, his lung, brain and bone mets were stable but those on the liver has been aggressive. 

He has just undergone another biopsy for molecular profiling of the tumor and right now, we’re waiting for the results.

Please pray for him that his onco may find the right treatment that will make these tumors stable for now, then slowly decreasing in size until they become smaller. May he be spared from pain and discomfort so he may enjoy a more normal life with us. 

May our good Lord bless us all, always 🙏🏻

My 💕

4 REPLIES 4
iloveyoudearly7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stage 4 Lung CA with mets

Hi there Mc407,

I am sorry to hear about your husband but it is good news that the cancers is getting smaller! How is everyone holding up at the moment?

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Hi @mc407,

I just wanted to check in and see how both yourself and your husband are doing ❤️

You may like to read about Telephone Support Groups, which I think would be a good option for you to consider 🙂

-Kate

Cancer Council Online Community

mc407
New Contributor

Hi Kate,

We’re still waiting for the new meds to arrive from Singapore before he will start with his chemo on Abraxane. We’re just managing the pain he feels on his right back side and hopeful that the new drug will shrink all the tumors that progressed this past month.... please include him in your prayers.

Thanks and God bless🙏🏻
My
0 Kudos
mc407
New Contributor

Hi Kate,

i think it is not possible for me to join the telephone support groups bec I am from the Philippines and also we do not have a home landline phone.

Thanks anyway,

my💕

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.