Support

smilley66au
New Contributor

Support

I have 4 family members diagnosed with different cancers at the moment it becomes too upsetting to cope with all that is happening. I have an Aunt with vulva and now vaginal cancer diagnosed in 2011.My mum had cancer diagnosed 1mth after my Aunt was diagnosed then 2wks later my Dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer, then recently my Uncle was diagnosed with brain cancer it is all so much to cope with.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
peanutz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Support

So sorry to hear you are in this situation. Please take care of yourself and do get support from Cancer Council's nurses or talk to your friends if it helps. I understand some people seek help from palliative care early on and see the benefits. I'm yet to try this myself even though I've been in this journey for a year now. Take care
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I can only imagine that this can feel overwhelming . I don't know what to say . I hope all are doing ok with their treatments and side effects .
0 Kudos
smilley66au
New Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words my Aunt passed away @ 12-08 am today.
0 Kudos
smilley66au
New Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words my Aunt passed away @ 12-08 am today.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I'm sorry that your aunt has passed away . I hadn't realised that she was so close to dying .
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.